Welcome! ¡Bienvenidos! Bienvenue! Willkommen! Benvenuti!
Dr. Sue Barry of Auburn University has been selected as this year's recipient of the ACTFL Papalia Award for Excellence in Teacher Education. Dr. Barry was SCOLT's nominee for the award after being selected their Educator of the Year in March.
Sue will receive her award at the ACTFL Awards Ceremony during this year's annual conference in San Antonio, TX. The Awards Ceremony is scheduled for Friday, November 21 from 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM at the Grand Hyatt, Texas Ballroom Salon A.
AAFLT is proud to have such an exemplary world language teacher educator represent SCOLT region. Congratulations, Sue!
AAFLT is in search of an Advocacy Chair to do the following:
- Advocate for foreign language education by educating the public and the media.
- Defend why students need to learn a foreign language in all levels of school.
- Monitor the ALSDE and State Board of Education Web sites concerning upcoming legislation and inform the membership if action is necessary via notices to the corresponding secretary and Web master.
- Address the State Board of Education when necessary.
- Serve on the ACTFL Alabama state advocacy team.
Interested? Go here!
Foreign Language Film Conference VII
"The Great War: Illusions and Disillusions"
University of Alabama at Birmingham
30 October - 2 November 2014
Part-time Employment Opportunity
EF Foundation for Foreign Study, a non-profit, is hiring exchange coordinators throughout Alabama to bring high school exchange to local communities. Language teachers have the perfect background to work with our exchange students. This is something that can be done while working full time as it is up to the coordinator as to how much they would like to work.
Contact: Angie Redford
Host an exchange student!
Pearson Educators Needed to Score the edTPA